The annual United Power scholarships are given to students who are either served by the cooperative, or dependents of members. Winners are chosen based on overall academic performance taking into account grade point average, ACT and SAT scores, extra-curricular activities, and a brief essay. The following scholarships are available:
* One $1,000 Basin Electric Power Cooperative Scholarship.
* Two $1,000 United Power Colorado College Scholarship.
* One $1,000 Lois Lesser Educator Scholarship.
* Two $500 Tri-State Generation & Transmission Association Scholarships.
* Eight $500 United Power Book Scholarships.
* One $500 United Power Non-Traditional Student Award.
* One $500 United Power Vocational Student Award.
Only one application is needed to apply for all available scholarships. Applications and more information on United Power's Youth Programs are available at www.unitedpower.com
United Power, Your Touchstone Energy(r) Partner, is a member-owned cooperative delivering electricity to more than 68,000 customers at homes, business, and farms in Colorado's north central front range.